Are you looking for a vintage hairstyle to looks fashionable in front of your crush, dude? Have a look these 40s Hairstyles Men then. But before we jump on the variety of 40s hairstyles, let’s know the history behind the 40s hairstyles especially for men. The forties hairstyles is rooted from the Depression-era style in 1930s and further ‘grow’ under the influence of a various factors including World War II, jazz music, golden age of cinema and subculture. Relatively, forties’ hairstyle for men has characteristics like short, conservative style, and wild.
As we said above, World War II takes a part in created mode of hairstyles where fighting men and civilians adopted short hairstyles because it’s practical, easy to groom, and conservative. The 1940s men military hairstyles become origin hairstyles at that time, with buzz cut, flat top and crew cut.
• Buzz cut—cropped very short the entire hair. To do this cut is simple with electric clippers.
• Flat top—it extremely short sides and back, cut with razor. Men with this hairstyle left the hair atop the head one or two inches longer and trimmed. It looks blocky and flat across the ‘peak’ of the head.
• Crew cut—is standard military hairdo, with extremely short on the side with a little touch of an extra length on top.
Forties hairstyles really fun to try and will help you—modern men—look cool and fashionable. Wanna know what 1940s hairstyles that will make you get attention your crush? Let’s check it out:
• Low pompadour—this hairstyle is easily to make. Just apply your hair gel at top of hair, spiking it up toward each other to make it look stylish.
• Wavy comb over—as one of the most popular 1940s hairstyles, wavy comb over proven will make you have a special look, especially for those with curly or wavy hair. Well, cut short the side of your hair, and left the hair on top about 2-3 inches long; and the result is 100% fashionable.
Well, there are still many of 40s hairstyles, so just found which forties hairstyles that suit with your taste.